Sweets & Desserts
Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
With a layer of smooth cream cheese sandwiched between two delicious layers of chocolate fudge, it’s no wonder people can’t resist these cream cheese fudge brownies.
|1 cup||Unsalted butter|
|8 oz.||Unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped|
|3 ⅓ cup||Sugar, divided|
|5||Grade A Large Phil’s Fresh Eggs, divided|
|2 ½ tsp.||Pure vanilla extract, divided|
|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|Cream cheese, room temperature|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” x 11” pan and set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter; then remove pot from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted. Whisk in 3 cups sugar, 4 eggs and 2 tsp. of vanilla extract. Stir in the flour until just combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining ⅓ cup sugar, beating until combined. Add the final egg and the remaining ½ tsp. vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan; smooth with a spatula. Top with the cream cheese mixture; smooth with a spatula. Pour the remaining half of the chocolate mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture and smooth.
- Place pan in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting.