Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
We’ve taken the flavors from the classic Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin and transformed them into a fluffy, flavorful pancake.
By: Cathy Trochelman / Lemon Tree Dwelling
|2 cups||All-purpose flour
|3 Tbsp.||Granulated sugar
|1 Tbsp.||Baking powder
|1 ½ cups||Milk
|2 Tbsp.||Vegetable oil
|1 Tbsp.||Butter, melted
|2 Tbsp.||Lemon juice
|1 ½ Tbsp.||Poppy seeds
|6 Tbsp.||Phil’s Fresh Eggs Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites|
|2 cups||Powdered sugar
|3-4 Tbsp.||Lemon juice
|½ tsp.||Poppy seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil, melted butter, lemon juice, poppy seeds and lemon zest. Mix well; add all at once to flour mixture.
- Gently mix until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold into batter
- Let batter rest 5 minutes
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Pour ¼-cup scoops of batter onto prepared skillet
- Wait until bubbles form and pop on the surface of each pancake; then flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and poppy seeds and mix until smooth. Pour over pancakes as desired.